Hiiiiii!!! And if anyone at all is actually reading this after my year-long hiatus, I am impressed. Eeek, that is a longggg time. I have still been a blog-reading freak, but just hadn’t managed to get around to the blog writing part of things.
I guess you could say that A LOT has happened in the past year. Bullet points, and GO!
- I FINALLY turned 21! Since I was pretty much the last of my friends to do so, it was a biiiiig deal. My friend Shiv, my brother and sister, and my cousin all went up to Boston to celebrate…and it was one of the greatest nights evaaaa!
I also managed to have some slightly more classy family fun
- I traveled Europe with my friend Ashley for 2 weeks – we went to London, Barcelona, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin. Needless to say, I had the time of my life and every second was amazing. I actually had a travel blog that you can check out if you’re so inclined
- I studied abroad by myself in Helsinki, Finland. In the winter. Everyone thought I was crazy, and I’m pretty sure I agree. It was quite the character-building experience…and hey, I got to see reindeer and go to the Arctic Circle. So all in all, it was pretty darn awesome.
- I ran my first half marathon! My neighbor broke her toe and couldn’t run at the last minute so I took her bib…and ran…without training. Can’t say it was the fastest half marathon ever, but I was proud of myself nonetheless. Disney Princess Half is where it’s at! (I picked the two least-heinous pictures to share…because let’s be real, they were all horrific!)
- I graduated from the University of Florida (again…) with my master’s degree in International Business. I kicked my thesis’s butt, and am now the proud owner of an M.A. Woop! (No picture since I didn’t walk, but I’ll leave you with this glorious one from when I got my bachelor’s…)
- I got a new, big-girl job that I <3 a lot. It’s a vast improvement over my last internship/job and I am really happy to be there, using my super sweet advertising skills.
- I became a certified Spinning instructor!
This has been on my list of things I want to do ever since I started spinning when I was a wee 16 year old. It was the best feeling ever to finally make that dream a reality, and take my spin-love to the next level. I’m in the process of looking for a part time job teaching – fingers crossed something will work out soon!
- I’m in the process of becoming a certified personal trainer through the NASM CPT program! This is another thing I’ve thought about doing for a while now, and finally bit the bullet. I’ve had my textbook for about 3 weeks now, and am crankin’ away on my studying!
Okay, I believe that is enough big life events for one post. Bless you if you have made it this far, and if you are somehow still even reading my blog after my 342549024 year absence. I hope to be popping in on a much more regular basis again.
Question for today: Any big life events/changes happening recently?! What’s something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t yet? GO!